Visit TAFA's new site!

Studio Jules Art




Hi, my name is Jules Rushing and I live in Lantana, Texas. I am the luckiest Fiber Artist in the world, because I’m married to “Mr. Wonderful”. I wouldn’t be able to create without the awesome support he has always given me. But I do have to confess, I have an addiction….it’s fabric.

So, what do I like to do with fabric? Dye it, paint it, quilt it. Several years ago, I was introduced to traditional quilting and then I found art quilts. Art quilting has become a passion. Being able to create color, texture, depth and visual appeal out of something that feels so wonderful and looks so luscious…. what can I say? All of my quilts are original designs and most of the fabric I use has either been dyed or painted and sometimes both! If I’m not using hand dyed/painted fabric, then I’m using batiks.

I have won a couple of ribbons with my quilts and will have one in a special exhibit this year with the International Quilt Festival. I sell my art quilts through galleries and my ArtFire studio. I also sell my hand dyed and hand painted fabrics through StudioJules on ArtFire.


Artist's Statement:   Color, I love color, bright colors. My art quilts display the color and the movement of color that I see in my head. I am fascinated by the colors in flowers and the texture they have.  Architecture comes through my creative thoughts in an abstract way. So, that is what I try to accomplish with fabric, paint and thread – color, texture, depth, dimension and an illusion. My goal is to create an image that seems ordinary and expand on it. If I see someone stop and look at one of my quilts and pause for a just few minutes, then I know I have accomplished my creative goal with that one-of-a- kind piece.


Location:  Lantana, Texas, USA
Online shop:  studiojules
Blog: julesrushing
Memberships:  
    Dallas Area Fiber Artists
    Studio Art Quilt Association
    Surface Design Association
Languages spoken:  English



"Sunflower with a Passion for Color", Art Quilt by Studio Jules Art













Tags: Quilt Art, texture, color, creative, fiber, cotton fabric, silk fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails