Visit TAFA's new site!

Ann Brauer

"Autumn Afternoon" by Ann Brauer


I have been supporting myself for more than 28 years making contemporary art quilts that use color, fabric and the traditions of quilt making to create contemporary landscapes. My quilts are in the Museum of Art + Design, the new Federal District Courthouse in Springfield, MA and The Lodge at Turning Stone in Verona, NY as well as many other public and private collections.

I like working with designers, architects and individuals to make the piece that is just right for a particular spot. I also do a number of the finest craft shows each year including the Baltimore Craft Show, the Smithsonian Craft Show and a number of the Paradise City Arts Festivals. I am easy to work with and always aim to be professional.

Artist's statement:  My quilts are a reflection of a particular space and moment in time whether it is the prairies of Illinois where I grew up, the hills of western Massachusetts where I live or vistas of my imagination. To make each piece I add small wedges of fabric creating a palette of color that can move and flow or create blocks of color. The simple designs of the piece add to feelings. I put great attention into the detail both in terms of the fabric and the design on the fabric.

My work represents a unique perspective on contemporary quilt making bridging the traditional with the abstract.


Location: Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts, USA
Brick and mortar:  My studio in Shelburne Falls, MA is open to the public when I am not doing a craft show. Please do contact me for hours.
Memberships: SAQA
Shelburne Falls Area Business Association
American Craft Council
Languages spoken: English
Social Media: LinkedIN


"Prairie Sky" by Ann Brauer



Ann Brauer on Facebook


Tags:  quilts, art quilts, custom quilts, landscape quilts, abstract, color studies, Shelburne Falls, craft shows, impressionist, Josef Albers

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails