Visit TAFA's new site!

Sherryl Buchler




I am a fiber artist who loves to experiment with color and texture.

I have always been interested in color for as long as I can remember. I made funky clothes for my Barbie dolls and put together outrageous combinations for myself. I have a masters degree in Color Perception and was an interior designer for almost 20 years. About 5 years ago I discovered quilting but I hated the traditional patterns and the restrictions. Enter art quilts and my creative juices started flowing again. I love discovering all the techniques you can use for surface design but my love is still working with fabric... lots and lots of colored fabric. I dye my own fabrics and have a small business but sometimes I have trouble parting with the fabrics. I also do Shibori and other surface techniques.   

Location: Scottsdale, Arizona 
Online Store:  
    I sell hand dyed fabrics at Field of Color
Blogs:  SKB2000, Field of Color
Memberships: 
   Studio Art Quilters Association, Surface Design Association
Languages spoken:  English and Hebrew


Through Rose Colored Glasses by Sherryl Buchler
17 1/2" X 20 1/2"








Tags:  Art Quilting, fiber artist, hand dyed fabrics, bright colors, Shibori, Surface design, abstract, textile art


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails