Visit TAFA's new site!

Katherine K Allen

"Almost Alone" by Katherine K Allen
53" x 60"
Acrylic Paint and Screen Print Inks on Cotton


I am an artist who uses painting, stitching, photography and writing to explore plants, birds and landscape. My artworks are inspired by my experiences in the natural world. I spend a lot of time listening to nature while in my kayak, walking the woods, or riding my bicycle.  I believe art can provide a healing, joyful space and fills a fundamental human need.

I am interested in making connections with people who feel that art is the most interesting subject there is, that making things by hand must endure, and that cherishing nature can help to preserve it.

I love working with individual and corporate clients to create site specific art.  I enjoy exhibiting,  making new works, photographing nature and writing about art, art making and artists.

Art may be purchased directly from me at my studios in Easton, Maryland and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  I welcome visitors.  Please contact me to arrange a visit.  Or,  you may contact my gallery in Scottsdale, Arizona, www.cervinihaas.com.

Artist's Statement: My art is a meditation on Nature.   From garden, wetlands and woods I gather the raw materials I use in creating my "soft paintings".  These imaginary botanicals and abstracted landscapes are begun by painting and printing in multiple layers on un-stretched silk or cotton canvas.   With machine and hand stitching I work into and through the painted surface.  Marks made by hand, brush and stitch interweave with natural forms from the earth to communicate memory, emotion and my philosophy of co existence in harmony with nature.  My goal is to create an evocative artwork that nourishes mind, eye and spirit in equal measure.


Locations:  Easton, Maryland, USA and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Online shop: KatherineKAllen
Blog:  softart
Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn
Memberships:
   Fiber Artists Collective            
   Surface Design Association
   Nature Printing Society
Languages spoken: English


 "Blue Moon " by Katherine K Allen
51" x 49"
Acrylic Paint and Screen Print Inks on Silk





 


Tags: Zen, Graphic, Fiberart, Meditative, Art Quilt, Sumi, Asian, Silhouette, Green, Plantscape

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work Katherine, I really enjoyed seeing your art here. For the last decade I have been creating fine art paintings on silk. I recently taught myself screen printing on silk and I am hooked! Hope you will visit my TAFA page!!!

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails