Visit TAFA's new site!

Renate Kirkpatrick - rensfibreart


 


Simply put, I’m in love with fibre, colour and texture.
I’m a proud Aussie, living in the sub-tropics where the crystal ocean, grainy sands and textured rainforests are never-ending inspirations. I incorporate all types of fibre into my work, from natural to synthetics, and will try anything to achieve the effects I’m after.
Although I’ve traveled many fibre/texture/colour roads, exploring Handmade Paper, both recycled and plant fibre (cellulous) and Rag Rugging, Freeform Crochet/Knitting is where I’m at right now. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t exploring the fibre arts in one form or another and I expect it to go on and on for some time yet.
However, I’m not limited to the unusual… I also design easy to read crochet patterns and have two published craft books available world wide – ‘Crochet Techniques’ – 'Freeform Crochet and Beyond'.

Artist Statement:  An artist by nature but a teacher at heart, my main aim with Freeform is to encourage people to be spontaneous, trust their intuition and never stop asking themselves, ‘I wonder what will happen if I try this or that?’ and then give it a go. I say…..’Dare to be different’ ‘Step out of the box’ ‘Experiment, explore, enquire, you’ll never know until you have a go!’

Location:  Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia
Online stores:
    Etsy, Zibbet, Ravelry 
Blog: rensfibreart 
Memberships: Ravelry, Fiber Focus, FFCrochet (yahoo group) 
Languages spoken: English and German

 

 
 Coraloid’ Freeform Wrap by rensfibreart














Books by Renate Kirkpatrick






rensfibreart on Facebook







Tags:  wearable art, freeform crochet, freeform knitting, crochet, knitting, fibre artist, accessories, purse

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails