Visit TAFA's new site!

Sharon White

"Weaver's Flock" by Sharon White
http://threebagsfull.biz



Three Bags Full is my sheep ranch and fiber artist’s studio located at Mora, New Mexico in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, between Las Vegas and Taos. I am very committed to living in tune with nature and causing as little damage to the environment as possible.  My processes are environmentally friendly, I catch rain water and use a biodegradable washing products. I use only natural dyes and when I collect native dyestuffs I am careful to leave enough to keep the stand going.

I have been raising sheep, spinning with a wheel and weaving for over 30 years.
My Mt. d' Oro sheep are basically a closed flock with many generations of carefully selected crosses of Churro, Cotswold and a bit of Corriedale with the goal of producing the ideal wool for rug weaving. They offer the best of the three breeds, and are a medium size sheep with a  double coated fleece.

Artist's Statement:  My weaving has evolved into doing “bound weave” rugs, and I am now concentrating on that process. My aim is to produce a beautiful, durable rug by having control of the entire process, from the sheep to the finished product. I would be pleased to work with you to create an original custom rug. See all my rugs on my website threebagsfull.biz.

Location:  Mora, New Mexico, USA
Online stores:
  Etsy
Membership:  Mountain and Valley Wool Association (sponsors the Taos Wool Festival)
  Espanola Valley Fiber Arts Center
Language spoken: English

"Celtic Comets" by Sharon White









Tags:  wool, handspun, handwoven, hand dyed, natural dyes,  dyed fibers, custom designs, fiber art, fiber artist, double weave, wool wash

1 comment:

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails