Visit TAFA's new site!

Betty Busby

"Push", 37 x 44", 2009 by Betty Busby
www.bbusbyarts.com

I've made my living as an artist my entire life.

After graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design with a major in ceramics, I founded a custom tile manufacturing business in Los Angeles.

I ran it for 18 years, and sold it to move to New Mexico in 1994.
Since my move to the high desert, I have gotten more involved in fiber art, and exhibit in shows nationally and internationally.

I work with children in general art lessons on a regular basis, and also conduct workshops with adults.

Artist's Statement: Spending nearly 20 years in the manufacturing business taught me to be inventive with the use of materials and processes.  This is something that I continue to explore in my fiber work, combining many different woven and non woven materials to produce my visions.
I have many sources of inspiration as well, from the colorful, rocky landscape in which I now live, to the fantastic and amazing world of scientific imagery.  I am represented by Gallery 101 in Collinsville, Connecticut, USA.

Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Online Store: Etsy
Memberships/Links:
Studio Art Quilt Associates, New Mexico Art League, Visions Gallery
Social Media: Betty Busby on Facebook and Flickr
Languages Spoken: Americuun


 
"Monstera", 70x53", 2009 by Betty Busby








Tags:  fiber art, art quilt, quiltart, contemporary, RISD, science, nature, southwest

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I am esp. drawn to the macro series. Thanks for sharing!

    Jeanne Rhea
    www.jeannerhea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I too am very taken with the Macro series--astonishing works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty I have been admiring your work for years now- only piece at a time, not realizing that all these favorite quilts were made by the same quilter. Your swamp - water scenes with the wee frogs, dragonflies and grasses are outstanding.
    I would love to see them in real life- the colors must be glorious! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as beautiful as this work is on my screen, it is even more beautiful when seen live and up close- those of us who live in New Mexico are blessed by her proximity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty, thanks for sharing your amazing work with us here on TAFA. What a treat it was to view your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails