Visit TAFA's new site!

hemvävt.net



Hi! I'm Desirée and I love textiles. Especially textiles with interesting structures. And, I do love the light Nordic colors.

In 2006, I bought my first loom, one small Glimåkra.  In the winter of 2009, I complemented that loom with a countermarch loom with 10 shafts. Since May of 2010, I have had my own studio where I spend my days weaving.

There have been many rag rugs. The Rose and The Wheel are two of my own patterns. And then there are runners, towels, scarves and mug rugs. You just never know where it will end!

Location:  Örebro, Sweden
Blog: hemvävt.net
Social Media:  Twitter
Languages spoken:  Swedish, Some English


Handwoven runner by Desirée Lagerberg



Tags:  weaving, rags, cotton, linen

1 comment:

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails