Visit TAFA's new site!

Day Style Designs

"Release Your Light" by Leah Day


My name is Leah Day and I'm a quilter and online quilt store business owner.

I'm looking to connect with other professional artists who make money not by selling art pieces, but information (patterns, tutorials, videos, etc) on how to make art.

I'm also thirsty for knowledge about how to balance it all: business, creativity, family, without going insane!

Artist Statement: I love quilting because with fabric and thread you can create 3 dimensions of design using color, shape, and texture.  I experiment with texture on a daily basis on my blog, where I'm working my way through 365 different textures to create with thread on fabric.

Although I'm now working through a series of quilts featuring goddesses, I don't currently make quilts for sale. Instead, I create patterns and videos on techniques to offer for other quilters and fiber artists.

Location: Shelby, North Carolina, USA
Online store: Day Style Designs Quilt Shop
Blog: Free Motion Quilting
Languages spoken: English


"Torn Tree" by Leah Day





Tags:  daystyledesigns, quilting, free motion quilting, quilting demos, goddesses, female imagery, nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails