Visit TAFA's new site!

Christine Predd


Moments by Christine Predd

I was excited to begin my journey making art quilts in 2001, after being a traditional quilt maker for over 15 years.  The freedom of expression with fabric and thread has become a passion of mine in my retirement.  I prefer abstract to representational work, working from an idea, a word or phrase, or with nature as my inspiration.  I often use photos I have taken as the source for my work.  My work is directed by colors, textures, shapes and sounds of the natural world.  My best work is done intuitively without extensive planning, and I use paints, dyes, threads, fabrics, and needles to present the viewer my personal interpretation of life as I see it.  I consider any day incomplete in which I have not designed, sketched, sewn, dyed fabric, or in some way worked on a quilt.  My creativity in this way has resulted in exhibitions in various juried shows since 2005. Mostly, I enjoy my daily studio life to a level I could only have imagined many years ago. 
 
Location: LaPorte, Indiana, USA (summer and fall)  
      Anna Maria Island, Florida, USA (winter and spring)
Online store:  Christine Predd  
Memberships:   Studio Art Quilt Associates,  American Quilter's Society
Social Media: Twitter
Language spoken: English


 SeaGrass by Christine Predd






Tags:  fiberart, textile art, surface design, dyed fabric, painted fabric, quilt design, collage, stencilling, abstract art, nature quilts

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you and your work here Chris. I think your pieces have wonderful depth to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, just wanted to say I really like Moments and how the "geese" (triangles) undulate across it...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I think "Moments" is beautiful. The bright colors glow against the dark background, and the triangles add movement.

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails