Visit TAFA's new site!

Heidi Zielinski - Fiber Into Art by Heidi

"Twist of Lime" by Heidi Zielinski
www.heidizielinski.com

I am a fiber artist creating original wall quilts that are mostly abstract with elements and images reflective of nature.  This is greatly inspired by the beautiful Rocky Mountain environment that I live in here in Montana.  I use quilting and beading to compliment and enhance the fabric base of my quilts, building them in layers into a work of art.  My use of stone, glass and other types of beads is somewhat unique, and they are a wonderful compliment to the fabric/fiber.   Many of my pieces incorporate images of leaves and/or trees in various styles and types.  I also love to use textural fabrics in my work which help to create depth and interest.  When I create a piece of fiber art it is meant to enhance the walls of a home or business, and add beauty to an environment.

Artist Statement: My current interest is to share my art as much as possible and become recognized as a serious fiber artist.  I hope to create art that a viewer could envision hanging in their home---something they could live with and enjoy.  My work is inspired by nature and often by the beautiful commercial fabrics we have available, as well as my own painted/dyed fabric.  I try to combine these elements in interesting and original ways.  Color and texture continue to be strong influences in my work, and I hope to continue exploring, learning, and creating art that uses them in a visually pleasing way. 
   
Location: Stevensville, Montana, USA
Blog: Fiber Into Art by Heidi
Memberships:
   Studio Art Quilt Associates
   Stevensville Art and Sculpture Society
   Bitterroot Quilter's Guild
Languages spoken: English



"Blue Marble and Stones" by Heidi Zielinski




Tags: beads, nature art, abstract, art quilts, landscape quilts, original designs, machine quilting, free motion, leaves, trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails