Visit TAFA's new site!

dbk design arts



i create unique, one of a kind scarves, metal mesh jewelry and accessories. i use a wide variety of materials including ribbons, kimono fragments, recycled textiles, as well as vintage mid-century fabrics.  my customer is someone who seeks out unusual and individual pieces. i have had success with trunk shows and private sales, and would like to enter the retail market.

Artist's Statement:  I have a lifelong love for color, form and texture.  My mother, who studied fashion design, taught me to sew at age 4 and I have loved textiles ever since.  My projects have included embroidery, knitting, sewing and other traditional needle art forms. I have taken these forms and used them in nontraditional ways to change the viewers’ perception of, and reaction to them.  Having earned a BFA in painting, I have worked with oil and acrylic paints, metals, fabric and yarn.  In my fiber works, I now “paint” with yarn, ribbons, and other materials. My experience of creativity is a journey with constantly changing inspirations and forms of expression. I am always looking to learn new methods and materials.

My goal is to create objects of beauty that delight and enhance, and to evoke associations with memories and events in the wearer’s lives. Ultimately, I want to make my art a part of their lives that gives joy and beauty. 

-Debrah Block Krol


Location:  Millburn, New Jersey, United States
Memberships: famm, asid, potomac fiber craftsmen
Languages spoken: English


Knitted Copper Cuff by dbk design arts














Tags:  scarves. mesh,knitted wire, silk, ribbon,woven, embroidery, pillows shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails