Visit TAFA's new site!

Banner Mountain Textiles




I am excited to be part of a new generation of handweavers who are experiencing the benefits of technology on an ancient craft. I incorporate the old with the new in my work, often using yarns that I have spun and old weaving drafts with new methods of computer aided design. I love dyeing my own yarns and paint yarns with synthetic dye or use natural plant dyes in the process of creating one of a kind textiles. Nature, geology and sometimes history inspire new color and design ideas and I continue to explore new techniques to keep my work fresh and alive.

My handweaving takes place on two looms; a small 8 shaft Schacht loom and a very large 24 shaft AVL. I do most of my own weave draft design and may test many ideas on the computer before I commit them to the loom. Being a member of Complex Weavers gives me access to some of the best handweavers in the U.S. and beyond. Their work and ideas are envaluable in my own creative processes as is that of my local group called the Not 2 Square Weavers.
-Beryl Moody

Mission:  To increase public awareness about current innovations in contemporary handwoven cloth.


Location: Nevada City, CA USA
Online stores:
     Shawls Unlimited, Etsy
Memberships:  Complex Weavers. CNCH
     Not 2 Square Weavers   
Social Media: Twitter 
Language spoken:  English  


Handwoven scarves 
by Beryl Moody of Banner Mountain Textiles










Tags: shibori, hand woven, network twill, dobby weave, woven, collapse weave, hand weaver, computer aided design, original design, computer dobby

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails