Visit TAFA's new site!

Paloma Textiles/Ruth Henriquez Lyon



I started Paloma Textiles to be a yarn source for fiber artists  who want to know the story behind the products they buy. Over many years as a weaver I grew to realize that the materials I was using had an impact on people, animals, and the earth.  When I began searching for products that are grown and processed sustainably and humanely, and made with fair labor standards, I found few candidates. I have included the best of what I found on my website, along with information about the yarns.
Each time we buy something, we're voting with our money. Our shopping practices have the power to change our world as much as our political activities. Shopping is political. My goal is to bring transparency to the yarn marketplace.

Location: Duluth, Minnesota, USA
Memberships: Paloma Textiles is certified as a Green Business by Green America.
Online store:  Website
Languages spoken: English and I speak passable Spanish.

Pakucho Color-Grown Cotton from Peru 
available at Paloma Textiles



Liberation by Ruth Henriquez Lyon of Paloma Textiles



Tags:  Hemp yarn, organic yarn, animal-friendly products, sustainable shopping, recycled silk yarn, weaving yarn, knitting yarn, macrame twine, electric cone winders.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is absolutely luscious. One of my favorites is Axis. It is regally elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, your yarns are so tempting. I use both fine strand hemp and nettle in my work, so I will be back...thanks for what you do!

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails