Visit TAFA's new site!

Gilgulim by Hagar Arnon Elbaz




Hagar Arnon Elbaz

My love for textiles, buttons, beads, lace and ribbons goes back very far to the time when I was a little girl visiting my grandma's house. My grandma had a room full of cupboards of all sizes and colors in which she piled her treasures that had come all the way from Germany back in 1939. It included fur coats, stray keys, strings, mother of pearl and crystal buttons from her father's shop, lace along with cotton night gowns and linen she had received for her wedding.
This room was my paradise.

When I grew up I followed my love and became a textile designer.  Many of the necklaces are made from second hand neckties and cloths. Neckties were always a mystery to me. No man in my environment has ever used one. Undoing this unknown object, using its tiny beautiful, colorful prints and turning it into female decorations was a challenge to my imagination.  I try to use as many recycled, reused or second hand materials as possible.  Every article is hand cut, ironed and stitched by hand in my home studio with great love and care. I do hope you are going to enjoy this unusual approach to textiles and jewelry as much as I do!


Artist's Statement:   Except for my love for anything that has to do with textiles, my other passion has to do with looking after our precious planet as well as the ever growing population living on its' surface.  In my craft I try to combine both passions. I wish each one of us could take little steps towards change in our habits.  In my way, I try. You may join me in this tremendous work we have to do in order to survive. 


Location:  Beit Shemesh, Israel
Online shop:  Hagarae
Blog:  hagarae
Social media:  facebook (personal page)
Languages spoken:  Hebrew, English, French



Wearable Art by Hagar Arnon Elbaz















Tags:  Necklace, pendant, reuse, eco, creation, earrings, soft materials, mix, off fashion

4 comments:

  1. Dear Hagar
    So very beautiful!
    Cheers
    Orit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hagar is truly an inspiration; her unique aesthetic sense and her stunning color combinations are so refreshingly distinctive. Hagar's wearable art reflects the rich spirit of a remarkable woman and a gifted artist. Her jewelry pieces, often empowered by poetic titles such as Folding Me Softly and Twins, But Not Identical, bring to mind the splendor of life, the Earth, love, travel, passion and family. Brava, Hagar!
    -- Boline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational stuff Hagar, thanks so much for sending me the link to your page.

    Lesli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Original artist with a unique and fresh point of view. Love her works, full of inspiration with every detail!

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails