Visit TAFA's new site!

Aynex Mercado



I started quilting in 1998. At first I did some traditional quilts but very quickly got bored following directions and patterns. I started adding my own ideas to patterns until I wasn't using patterns at all, working exclusively on art quilts. I have exhibited at the International Quilt Festival in Houston and The American Quilters Society Quilt Show in Paducah among others. I was the KY/TN Regional Representative for Studio Art Quilts Associates.

In 2008 my life changed and my main focus now is web design and graphic design although I still create quilts. As a quilter and web/graphic designer, I understand the needs of fiber artists better in terms of promotion and marketing their art. I would be happy to help other textile/fiber art businesses achieve a more professional image on the web and in print.

Location: Frederick, Maryland, USA
Blog: Aynex
Social Media: 
     Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
Languages spoken: English, Spanish

Matera by Aynex Mercado

 
   One of the many videos Aynex made when she lived in Paducah.
This one features Caryl Bryer Fallert.


Tags: art, quilt, graphic design, web design, abstract, architecture, maryland, quilting, designer

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails