Visit TAFA's new site!

Creative Chick Studios - Susan R. Sorrell

I am a fiber/mixed media artist living in South Carolina. I am interested in finding galleries/shows to sell my work, plus promote my online fiber art classes. 


Artist's Statement:  I have been truly fascinated by the use of cloth as a collage element. Within the last few years, I have been experimenting with fabric, beading, painting, printmaking, and found objects that can be attached to cloth. My fiber collages have developed from personal experience and interests. I love the way textile art can push the boundaries of traditional quilting and sewing. I like to add color and textures to the fabrics with anything I can find. So, I am always searching for buttons, trim, unusual beads, old jewelry, rubber stamps, paint, and any other items to make my fiber collages unique. I really don’t think people realize the selections of fabrics, threads and embellishments that are available today and how much time and energy goes into making one of my fiber pieces.

I want to make my artwork memorable, so I spend a lot of time scrutinizing every piece of cloth and design element. When people are passing by my work, I want them to stop and stare. To me, that is the biggest compliment anyone can pay me.  I like the way traditional sewing and quilting are evolving into a contemporary art form.  Being a painter and fine artist, I find textiles have been a great way of expressing myself.


Location:  Greenville, South Carolina, USA
Online shop:  creative chick store
Brick and Mortar: 
   Little House Art Studios   Taylors, South Carolina
Blog:  chatterbox.creativechick
Other Social Media:
   Yahoo Groups
   LinkedIn
   Twitter
Memberships:
   Surface Design Association
   Studio Art Quilt  (SAQA)
Languages Spoken:  English



"Day Dream", Embroidery by Susan Sorrell




"Tea Cup Bulldog", Embroidered Textile, Creative Chick Studios






   


























Tags:  embroidery, beading, funky, creative, painting, textiles,  fabric,mixed-media, collage, colorful, whimsical

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails