Visit TAFA's new site!

Christine Marie Ford

"Inner Light" by Christine Marie Ford


Hi! I'm Christine and I'm a resident artist at Williams Mill Visual Arts Centre in Glen Williams, Ontario (near Toronto). I'm now in my 7th year there as a professional fabric artist and my work has evolved dramatically over time. I often create my fine art pieces improvisationally, however I still enjoy traditional quilting from time to time.

I'm addicted to shiny things so I create a lot of beaded jewelry as well, often incorporating fabric and fiber whenever possible. My latest addiction is bookbinding. I create a lot of leather bound, hand stitched journals these days. I also like to create fabric art journals in my trademark style of fabric collage as well.

Prior to being a visual artist, I worked for over 20 years as an actress and singer, working extensively in theatre, TV and film. I still enjoy performing onstage from time to time and sing regularly in an acoustic band called "Random Roads". 

I think my performance background has influenced my artwork which tends to be bold, colorful and dramatic. 

My work can be found in the shops below and at The Silo Weavers,  St. Jacob's Ontario.


Artist's statement:  

To strive for high quality workmanship while continuously spreading my wings artistically and technically.

To elevate the status of art quilts to that of any other artistic medium ie. oil paintings.

To provide my clients with "red carpet" treatment and to guarantee my work.

To be guided by my principles and not my necessities.


Location:  Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Online shops:
Brick and Mortar:
   Christine Marie Ford Fabric Art Studio
   Williams Mill Visual Arts Centre
   515 Main Street
   Glen Williams, ON
   L7G 3S9
   Open to the public Friday-Sunday 12pm-5pm
Blogs:
   christinemarieford
   williamsmill
Memberships:

   Ontario Craft Council
   Mississauga Arts Council
Languages spoken:  English 






"Young Phoenix"  Art Quilt by Christine Marie Ford














Tags:   art, fine art, fabric art, wallhanging, art quilt, fabric vessel, fiber jewelry, bookbinding, collage, original collage, abstract, modern, dramatic

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails