Visit TAFA's new site!

FeltedPleasure




My name is Marina Shkolnik.
I live in the capital of Russia, Moscow, with my husband and cat, Tigra.

I am self-taught fiber artist, and I spend all of my time felting or thinking about new projects.  My favorite technique is nuno felting because it offers such potential in producing a variety and richness of texture.

I have been a vegetarian for quite a long time, and last during two years I have tried to follow a raw foods diet.

I love yoga, cats, sunrise, a sense of humour, handmade, vintage, watermelons, avocado, bok choy, turquoise color, white sand, sunbathing, snowboarding…  I don't love cities with their regular crush and would like to move to a lonely place in mountains or forest someday...  And most of all, I don't love it when somebody copies another’s ideas without permission, and are not ashamed of selling absolutely poor-quality products.


Artist's statement:  My main goal is to attract people's attention to unique and beautiful handmade accessories.  The most attractive in felting for me is the absence of any restrictions, models and standards - just follow your imagination and enjoy process!

I make my items using felt techniques using the best materials only, such as extra fine Australian merino wool (maximum is 18,5 mic. -  a low count of micron is more suited to items worn next to the skin since it doesn't 'prickle'), cashmere, silk, tencel, bamboo and many, many other wonderful fibers from all over the world!

Where do I get my inspiration? I have tried many times to answer to this question ... the inspiration comes by itself.  I take the wool in my hands, I touch it, breathe in its smell, look over different colors and an image of the future product appears before my eyes. My inspiration also comes from the beauty of surrounding world, as well as the unique color combos which were created by nature.


Location:  Moscow, Russia
Online shop:  FeltedPleasure
Memberships:  SDA
Languages spoken:  English, Russian




Felted Accessories by Marina Shkolnik.










Tags:   felt, felting, nuno, nuno felt, nuno felting,  felted scarves, unique, FeltedPleasure, textured felting, fiber art

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails