Visit TAFA's new site!

Sally Gould Wright Quilt Artist




I began my quilting life in the mid 1990s when inspired by Alex Anderson on Simply Quilts. I thought,  "Why not make a quilt for my son's bed?"  I was hooked. Soon my background in art history and the decorative arts led me to leave more traditional quilting patterns behind in favor of a more personal expression. I love the instant response I see when people view my quilts. I believe that art quilts can add so much to a home or office environment and working closely with a client on a commission is one of my favorite modes of communication.  

Artist statement:  As an artist, I am especially drawn to color and texture which I use to create images in cloth. The natural world, decorative art and architecture all inspire my work.  I usually use my own sketches and photographs as the basis for my quilt designs. My work is mostly representational and incorporates multiple techniques including piecing, applique' and textile paints to fulfill my vision.  I also use embellishments: hand beading, textile trim and yarns.  I'm especially interested in free motion machine quilting to add detail, depth and dimension to my work.


Location:  Los Angeles, California, USA
Online shop:  sallyquilts
Blog:  sallygouldwright 
Membership:  Quilts on the Wall Fiber Artists  
Languages spoken:  English , some French



"Stairway to Heaven", Art Quilt by Sally Gould Wright











No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails