Visit TAFA's new site!

Affaires Nomades




Hi.  My name is Fumika.

I work with textiles, specializing in interior decor. I became interested in textiles while working as a set designer at theatres. I create drawings and work them on to various materials, depending on the object.  I especially like  linen and hemp.

My brand is called “Affaires Nomades” and I got the name from my fascination for the nomadic life.  I want to explore the idea of interior design as a reflection on voyages and nature.  In this way, the question is how to integrate my drawings on to the fabric by using various methods.

The first series of my collection is called "Fragments", original drawing designs made by my self, printed on fabric in France, limited editions.

Care:  Hand wash, first in cold water, then at 30 ° C recommended.
Most of the pillows listed in my Etsy shop include the inserts so that you can use them immediately.  But do not hesitate to ask me if you prefer only the covers to save on shipping.

Artist's statement:  Constant experimentation in seach of new techniques and ideas.  Objects that inspire our dreams.  I want to explore the idea of interior design as a reflection on voyages and nature.


Location:  Paris, France
Online shop:  AffairesNomades
Design site:  fumikadubois
Languages spoken:  Japanese, French, English



Pillow by Affaires Nomades





Tags:   housewares, home decor, cushion, pillow, plaid, rug, placemat, table top

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails