Visit TAFA's new site!

Three Sheep Studio




My name is Rose Clay.  I am a wool artist with a passion for wool textiles, hand embroidery and traditional wool rug hooking.

I enjoy experimenting with color and hand dyeing soft 100% wool fabric.  Wool is a natural and renewable resource and handles beautifully with the various techniques I use.  I also enjoy the hunt for unique and beautiful woolens.  I use a combination of different wool textiles in my designs.  I will often use crystals, glass beads and semi-precious stones to embellish my pillows, wall hangings and table runners.

I also design Patterns and Kits that incorporate wool fabric.  My designs are original from conception to finished product.

All my work is inspired, created and completed by me, in my Studio, in historic Lititz, Pennsylvania.  My items are also available at ThreeSheepStudio.


Artist statement:  I enjoy the step by step process of "Handmade".
It allows me to slow down, experiment with techniques and ideas and take them to the next level.
My inspiration comes in moments of quietness and the simple beauty of nature.


Location:  Lititz, Pennyslvania, USA
Languages spoken:  English


Wool Rug Hooking by Three Sheep Studio








Tags: Hand Dyed Wool, Hand Embroidery, Felted Wool Fabric, Applique, Textile Supplies, Embellishment, Wool Rug Hooking, Pillows, Wall Hangings, Patterns/Kits

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails