Visit TAFA's new site!

Rosemary Boyd / Plumfish Creations




I have always loved to create. I can't remember a time when I didn't knit or crochet or sew. My grandmother had the enthusiasm and patience to teach me when I was very young - but more importantly she shared her fascination with every stitch I created; showed her excitement and eager anticipation as each piece unfolded; and jubilantly celebrated every completed work.

I love vibrant colours, and rich textures... colours that ask to be noticed and textures that long to be touched.

The accessories I make are sometimes said to be flamboyant and lively - an expression of a part of me, that is otherwise hidden beneath a conservative quiet exterior.

I have long had a dream to develop a career where I would have the opportunity to showcase and sell my own designs, but have previously lacked the confidence to take the first step. In recent years this desire has grown stronger, and the passion for creating has become almost overwhelming.  I have been encouraged by many to pursue my dream, and inspired by my beautiful artist daughter, to freely explore and express every spirit filled emotion and idea - whether fleeting or enduring.

I often feel that my art takes on a life of its own, and somehow creates itself...


Location: Perth, Western Australia
Online shop: plumfish
Languages spoken: English



 "Silk Boa", Wearable Art by Plumfish Creations











Tags:  silk scarves, accessories, wraps, bags, clothing, fabric jewelry

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Rosemary - your designs do illustrate your more flamboyant, confident self. I especially love that boa!

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails