Visit TAFA's new site!

CherScapes




I am a mixed media, collage artist who has focused almost exclusively on fiber art since 2004. I create art quilts and one-of-a-kind wearable art from hand dyed, painted and embellished fabric. I personally dye, paint, embellish, design and stitch every garment, shawl and scarf myself. From my 1800 sq. ft studio, I also teach a variety of art classes to both children and adults, and was recently contracted by Storey Publishing to write a comprehensive book on over 80 surface design techniques. All of these techniques and much more are covered in my fiber art classes and workshops, as well as in the classes of many other artists who come to the CherScapes Downtown Fiber Arts Studio to teach their own fiber art passions.

Artist's Statement: 
In 2006 I began this incredible journey of combining my love for fiber, my skills as a fine dressmaker and 20 years experience as a mixed media, collage artist into one-of-a-kind wearable art garments for both women and men. I have been fascinated with fiber and thread since I was a little girl watching my mother create stunning dresses, suits and elegant evening gowns. I marvel as the white silk, wool and rayon fabrics come alive with the addition of dyes, paint, embroidery, beads, buttons and metal leaf! Each piece is a dance of materials, a living painting that’s only purpose is to delight and adorn the person brave enough to wear it.
-Cheryl Rezendes




Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts, USA
Online shop: cherscapes
Brick and Mortar: CherScapes Downtown Fiber Arts Studio
   278 Main Street, Suite 307
   Greenfield, MA 01301
Blog: cherylrezendes
Memberships:
   Surface Design Association
   Studio Art Quilts Association
Languages spoken: English


 Wearable Art by Cheryl Rezendes




















Tags:  One of a kind, wearables, art quilts, hand painted, hand dyed, embellished, hand made, kimonos, scarfs, wraps

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails