Visit TAFA's new site!

Magpie Artworks




I have always had a strong affinity with fibre and fabric and feel blessed that my life in the textile industry has ultimately led me to the wonderful world of soft sculptured figures. Textiles and colour inspire me. In the right combination, they stir up my creativity and encourage touch and imagination. Great fabrics can send me to a very happy place and can touch me deep within. Creating an art doll affords me the opportunity to mix colours, fibres, textures to my heart’s content and often results in some outrageous combinations because I throw away the rules!

The art doll feeds my personal need to amuse and to be entertained and the perfect vehicle for it is the jester. I derive tremendous pleasure creating them and bringing each of them to life; their noisy chatter is exhilarating! I hope you will stop by the nest for a visit!


Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Membership: Cloth Doll Artistry
Languages spoken: English, some Spanish


Jester Art Dolls by Magpie Artworks






Tags: OOAK ART DOLLS, CLOTH DOLLS, BEADS

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails