Visit TAFA's new site!

Linda Marcille Paintings on Silk




Linda Marcille in her studio.
My paintings on silk are whimsical vignettes of both rural and urban life in New England. I create my silk paintings using the highest quality steam set French dyes, the finest charmeuse silk and a one of a kind resist made only in New Zealand. Silk painting is a fascinating and ancient Asian art form which I infuse with my own joyful and whimsical style.

Original paintings as well as giclee prints are available in select galleries, through my website, or at my studio, Crow House Studio, in Brattleboro, VT. I welcome  custom paintings on silk as well.

I also have an online Etsy shop,  where you can buy my silk scarves and some of my prints.  Vermont galleries that carry my work:

   Vermont Artisan Designs Brattleboro,VT
   Artisans' Hand Gallery in Montpelier, VT
   Frog Hollow Gallery in Burlington, VT
   North of the Falls, Bradford VT
   Artisans' Gallery Waitsfield, VT
   Nortshire Bookstore, Manchester, VT
   Hayseed Gifts, Wilmington, VT
   Peace and Justice Store Burlington, VT



Artist's Statement:  Silk painting is an ancient Asian art form and it is very unique and mysterious. The silk itself is seemingly so fragile yet it is one of the strongest fibers in nature. There is also a serendipitous quality to painting on silk with dyes. The process never allows the artist to be fully in control or to know exactly the effect that will be created.

My paintings on silk are whimsical vignettes of both rural and urban life in New England. It is my hope that they instill in the viewer a sense of joy and lightness. I also hope that my silk paintings are as healing to those that view my work as the process of creating them is to me. 

The creative process has been a powerful healing force in my life. I have been struggling with a Lyme induced autoimmune disease since 2000.  I chose the name Crow House Studio because in Native-American legend the crow represents an omen of change, and is a shape-shifter. Crow medicine encourages people to shape shift their old realities into their future self.


Location:  Brattleboro, Vermont, USA
Online shop: silkartisan
Blog:  Brattleboro Muse Blog 
Memberships:

   Surface Design Association
   Valley Fiber Life
   The Guild of Silk Painters
Languages spoken: English



"Old Hutchinson Place", Silk Painting by Linda Marcille













Tags:  Silk, Paintings, Dyes, landscapes, fiber, Art, painting, artist, resists, scarves


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails