Visit TAFA's new site!

Therese May





I work with interior designers, art consultants, art collectors, and art lovers wanting to create an uplifting and colorful living area or work space that reflects their personality and inspires them to make their dreams come true. My art quilts add color and vibrancy to your home and office.

I also teach workshops for quilt lovers who love to make quilts and expand their creativity.


Artist statement:  The walls are covered with art, and everywhere you look, there is some sign that art quilts are being made. I love the idea that "Home is where the Heart is" and I also feel that "Home is where the Art is". My Art is from my Heart, most definitely. I also believe that art is for healing. Each and every one of us is creative. Each child is born with creativity. This is part of who we are. Each person is unique and capable of expressing something which reflects his/her own individual quality. There is a Creative Spiritual Energy which flows through us all, and which connects us all together. I believe that we can use this energy to create whatever we want to experience in life. Some of the tools that I use for my creative expression are meditation, prayer, and journaling, drawing, and painting, quilt making, and working with clay. I truly believe that I am fed by Spirit when I do these things, and that over the years, my life has been transformed because of my creative and Spiritual practice.


Location:  San Jose, California, USA
Online shops:
Brick and Mortar:
   Therese May Art Shop
   1068 The Alameda
   Suite 4
   San Jose, CA 95126
   Open by Appointment
Blog:  theresemay
Social Media:   
   YouTube Channel
   Twitter 
Memberships:
Languages spoken:  English



"Boy and Girl Elves", Art Quilt by Therese May



















Tags:  quilts, art quilts, embellished quilts, painted quilts, quilted portraits, textile artist, quilt workshops, quilting classes, wall quilts, fabric, machine quiilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails