Visit TAFA's new site!

Dreamscapes Studio

"Emerald Westcoast", Framed Art Quilt by Donna-Fay Digance of Dreamscapes Studio
www.donnafaydigance.com



I create one of a kind, original art fabric hangings using hand-dyed silk and a variety of fabrics. Some of my images are quilted fabric collages while others are quilted silk paintings. I am inspired by the pristine beauty of Saturna Island with it’s vistas of shore, mountains and forests. I see the arbutus, fir and cedar trees swaying in the wind as akin to my dance and fantasy images as everything is in motion striving for freedom from gravity.  My hangings are richly machine embroidered.  The artwork can be displayed in my own open box frames, hung with a custom made hanger, doweling and picture hooks or framed with museum archival matting.   

Artist statement:   Hi, my name is Donna-Fay Digance. My background is in painting and printmaking.  When I moved to this pristine west coast island, I wanted to work with more eco-friendly materials. I’ve always loved the colour, textures and patterns of fabric so now I use a variety of commercial fabrics combined with my own hand dyed and painted silk and cottons. The intricate cutting of the shapes, arranged in many layers and quilted, combined with drawing, painting and machine embroidery, helps me create this uniquely individual collection of work. Living on Saturna Island inspires me to try and capture the beauty and serenity of nature that surrounds me in this pristine, tranquil oasis.

I’m lucky enough to have my own beautiful studio, in which to experiment and create.  I enjoy working on commissions of any size. You can see the triptych I did for Parks Canada and some my other work at my website; www.donnafaydigance.com.


Location:  Saturna Island, British Columbia, Canada
Online shops:
   website
Memberships:
   Surface Design Association
   Surface Design Association of BC
   SAQA- Studio Art Quilt Associates
   Saturna Island Tourism Association
Languages spoken:  English



"Ocean Perch", Framed Art Quilt by Donna-Fay Digance of Dreamscapes Studio










Tags: home decor, art, fabric art ,island landscapes, fabric hangings, fantasy, dancers, seashore, mountains, forest

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails