Visit TAFA's new site!

Maggie Dillon Designs

"The Boys"  Batik and Thread Work by Maggie Dillon Designs



I am a textile/fiber artist, working exclusively in Batik.

2009 Bachelor of Arts, Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida
Majoring in Fine Arts

Artist statement:  Celebrating memories with a glimpse of a personal relationship and natural daily life exemplifies my work. My goal, when executing a piece, is to bring a photograph to life, not just recreate the image.

With each batik fabric differing, the tangled pattern is always a mystery. The irregularity of batiks lends itself to the shapes I use in my layering technique. Variances in pattern cause shadow and highlight, giving my work its characterizing appearance. The threadwork blends the stitching around the edges.

Whether it’s a couple sitting at a waterfront, an old man reading his bible, or a family portrait, I enjoy capturing a moment. I use photographic references to create representational portraits of an occasion among friends, a glimpse of a relationship and natural daily life, or a celebration of family; my artistry presents memories.


Location:  Sarasota, Florida, USA
Languages spoken:  English



"On the Edge of Darkness"  Batik and Thread Work by Maggie Dillon Designs








Tags:  people, figurative, batik, portraits, children, women, men, scenery, landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails