Visit TAFA's new site!

Galería Octágono


www.GaleriaOctagono.com



I am a textile creator who believes in the power of community involvement.  My gallery (www.galeriaoctagono.com) is a community-based collective atop the northern mountains in Costa Rica, where I work with seven women and their families.  I provide materials, design, and educational opportunities as well as an equitable distribution of proceeds.  All our work is handmade, free-style, and original.  My husband, Rich, and I enjoy practicing alternative tourism as a B&B, and our log cabin is available to travelers wishing a personalized experience in Costa Rica.

Artist's statement:  There is no limit to the versatility of textiles. Learning and experimentation allow me to be aware and keep myself open to change. To be creative I must lose fear of being wrong. To be correct I must make sure that my art has social projection.

-Silvia Piza-Tandlich



Location:  San Rafael de Heredia, Costa Rica
Online shop:  galeria octagono
Blogs:
   metamorfosishabitat
   sdalatin

Social media:  LinkedIn
Memberships:
   SDA (Surface Design Association)   
Languages spoken:  Spanish, English   



Quilt with Argentine theme, by Silvia Piza-Tandlich, 2010, Costa Rica


"Tuki" quilt, by Silvia Piza-Tandlich, 2009, Costa Rica





No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails