Visit TAFA's new site!

Victoria Gertenbach




Even though I have spent most of my life living in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, I still find myself looking at the surrounding countryside as if it were the first time that I ever laid eyes on it. I am continuously inspired by the deep beauty of the farmland. I am struck by the grace of the aged lines and odd shapes found in the old, worn and weathered barns that magically still stand. I am in awe as I watch farmers slowly hand-plow their fields with a team of mules, just as it was done centuries ago.

At the same time, I am grateful for the ingenuity of technology, with which makes my life and work easier.

Living in this place, where the past and the present meet everyday, has had a profound influence on my work. I hold the awareness of both worlds close to me, and am always looking for ways to honor and marry the two through my stitched, patched and quilted works.


Artist's Statement:  Using simple materials, I strive to create beautiful and well constructed stitched pieces in order to pay tribute to the past and the present, and to express emotions that I otherwise would be unable to express.

It is my sincere hope that when others view my work, they feel something... a connection of some sort, a bit of comfort, a memory of something almost forgotten, a knowing that they are not alone.



Location:  Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
Online shop:  Silly Boodilly
Other social media:  Twitter
Languages spoken:  English



Quilted Works by Victoria Gertenbach












Tags: Art Quilt, Textile, Stitched, Patchwork, Patched, Improvised Quilting, Modern Quilt, Boro, Work Quilts, Lancaster County

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails