Visit TAFA's new site!

EKOHAUS




I am a wool artist, working in Vilnius, Lithuania in Europe. I am from the same country as the Men's Basketball players Arvydas Sabonis, Darius Songaila and Zydrunas Ilgauskas :) 

I make giant-sized men's shoes as well as the normal-sized men's, women's and children's shoes. My felted shoes can be worn outside and inside, you can choose them with or without water-proof soles.

My felted shoes are made from 100% natural wool. For excellent performance of the wool, my shoes are very soft, lightweight and comfortable. In addition, wool naturally resists microbial proliferation, protects from bacteria and neutralizes odors. Since ancient times it was believed that the wool is similar to acupuncture: it has pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory and body-enhancing properties. 

The wool felting came into my life only few months ago when I was visiting my countryside. Once I entered the attic of the house, opened the my great-grandmother's antique chest and saw clouds of old gray wool. The spinning wheel was standing beside it. My Dad remembers his childhood when he wore very warm felted shoes made ​​by his grandmother. My Dad's stories have inspired me. From this it all began.

My felted shoes look little bit different from those ancient ones or those made by my grand-grandmother. Here, Tradition meets Modern. I'm interested in new trends, fashion colors, and in making innovations. I have a very high priority on quality. 

During the last twelve years I worked in the various companies. This experience taught me a lot. Now I am doing what I really love. I create alone and strongly believe that everything is possible to make, if you put all your mind, creativity, experience and efforts in it. 

I sincerely hope that you will like my designs and I will do my best to provide quality pieces and good service. I also want to mention that I can accept wholesale orders.
-Dovile



Location:  Vilnius, Lithuania, European Union
Blog:  ekohausstore
Other social media:  Twitter, kaboodle
Languages spoken: English, Russian, Lithuanian



Felted Wool Shoes from Lithuania by EKOHAUS














Tags:  traditional felting,  felting art, Lithuania, wool horse, felted miniatures, felted shoes, slippers, warm, comfortable, regulate body temperature, national traditions

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails