Visit TAFA's new site!

Gina Pierce Design




I am a textile designer and educator, working in London, UK.

Having worked as a freelance surface designer, I now produce my own range of fabrics and wallpapers, plus a small range of bags and cushions. I sell to interior designers, architects and the public, and can produce bespoke prints from the range, or new, personalised designs.

I am inspired by history and location, researching into ancient fabrics, maps and buildings for imagery.  My work uses both digital and hand prints.  I am interested in combining the two methods of production along with aspects of 'digital craft'.

I am also the Course Leader of BA Textile Design at London Metropolitan University.

Artist's statement:  My aim is to  create beautiful and interesting designs inspired by people, places and stories from our recent histories. They can evoke memories of the past, reminders of events that may have been forgotten, and which can be celebrated and given new life.

In my own work and in my teaching, I use and promote both traditional and new technologies, and believe by combining these we enhance creative practise.


Location:  London, United Kingdom
Memberships:  Hidden Art
Languages spoken:  English



Gina Pierce Design













Tags:  printer, historical,  textile designer, interior furnishings, researcher, lecturer, teacher, digital technology 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails