Visit TAFA's new site!

Cameron Taylor-Brown




I am a textile artist, consultant and educator who loves weaving, yarn, color, and design - and enjoy collaborative teaching and learning. I am fortunate to be able to immerse myself in many aspects of textiles.  I maintain a weaving studio,  teach all over the country, and represent several yarn distributors in Southern CA and AZ.  In 2011, I launched ARTSgarage - a textile resource center and reference library open by appointment.

My website shows images of my work and a complete list of classes. Please contact me if you wish to purchase artwork, are interested in taking a class or would like to hire me to teach.  


Artist's statement:   My artwork reflects a passion to shape order out of chaos—to start with bits of thread and create something complex and satisfying where nothing existed before.  As I weave, I embrace and celebrate the ancient heritage and language of woven cloth. The rhythms and interplay of pattern, color and texture fascinate me, and the tactile quality of the actual fiber is extremely satisfying. I thrive on the challenges and opportunities presented to me as I move forward to explore new and interesting possibilities.  


Location:  Los Angeles, California, USA
Memberships:
Languages spoken:  English


"Indigo Dreams #1", Weaving by Cameron Taylor-Brown








Tags: fiber artist, textile artist, handweaver, handweaving, weaving teacher, creativity, collaborative learning, colorist, color classes, textile library

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails