Visit TAFA's new site!

Nothing But String




I am a lover of all things crocheted and knitted.  I currently live in Southern California where I spend most of my time trying to improve my fiber art.  I grew up on the east coast and spent many a day with my Italian grandmother who was a crochet master.  I remember her working on a customer's order with the finest of yarns, making fully lined jackets, skirts and dresses.  Since then I have developed my own style specializing in Irish Crochet thread lace.  I love taking motifs that are over a century old and giving them a new twist for the 21st century. 

Artist's Statement:  I use fine thread and crochet hooks to make rings, bracelets, brooches, necklaces, motifs, buttons and home décor.  I specialize in Irish lace embellishments which I often use to enhance knitted and crocheted scarves, fingerless gloves, and geeky accessories for women and men.

My work reflects and age old cottage industry which was lost but is once again found.

-Emily


Location:  Corona, California, USA
Online Shop:  Nothingbutstring
Languages spoken:  English and Italian



 Nothing But String translates century old crochet 
motifs into new ones!













Tags:  crochet, knitting, accessories, wholesale, fiber jewelry, fingerless gloves, lace, appliques, embellishments

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails