Visit TAFA's new site!

Dreamkaravan




I've always been creative and inspired by our world heritage.  I love beautiful textiles, rich patterns, colors and cultural symbolism.  With them, I feel the connection in space and time between women (and men!)  whose loving skills were transmitted and shared during generations.

Like the ancient silk roads, the internet can offer us the place to share our creative inspiration and bring beauty to the world.

For my lucky charms or "marvel catchers" (as I have named them), I have been inspired by the talismans and magic items that you can find all over the world, particularly in Central Asia, Asia and Africa. 

Artist's statement:  I enjoy offering my lucky charms as an opportunity to express tenderness and gratitude for loved ones. They could be wonderful gifts also for someone going through some challenging time or to accompany your life changes and heart's desires. A secret pocket is enclosed in some of them to hide some personal item or enlightening words written on a piece of paper...

The ideals of my generation were self-realisation and freedom. I feel that now the time has come to rediscover the power of simplicity and care for each other. My items aim to serve as the support of intentions, blessings or are reminders of love and beauty.


Location:  Lyon, Rhône, France
Online shop:  Dreamkaravan
Blog:  dreamkaravan
Other social media:  Twitter, Handmade Spark
Languages spoken:  French, English, Italian



 "Marvel Catchers" or Talismans by Dreamkaravan
In the spirit of the Silk Road









Tags:  handmade,  lucky charm, talisman, fiber, silk, beads, charms, embroidery, creation, pendant, ornament, amulet

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your Marvel Catchers! Very beautiful and bohemian.

    ReplyDelete

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails