Visit TAFA's new site!

Judy Coates Perez

"Primordial Sea"  Art Quilt by Judy Coates Perez




I am a mixed media textile artist living in Chicago. I teach workshops in art quilt and mixed media techniques nationally and internationally. I have written numerous articles for Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors magazines, have three instructional DVD's available from Interweave, and have been a guest multiple times on Quilting Arts TV.

You can see my art quilts at art-quilt-portfolio  and my mixed media work at mixed-media-portfolio.

Artist's statement:  One part gypsy and two parts visual alchemist, I believe that all the places I have lived have in many ways taken up residence in me and manifest in the diversity of my work. Exploring themes drawn from folklore, history and nature, I enjoy working in a variety of media. Often blending quilting skills with techniques drawn from my graphic arts background, I use textile paints, dyes, inks, acrylic powders, artist’s pencils and occasionally stitch metal onto my fabric. 



Location:  Chicago, Illinois, USA
Other social media:  facebook (personal page)
Memberships/links:  
   SAQA 
   PAQA 
   LinkedIn  
   Behance 
Languages spoken:  English



"Moon Garden"  Art Quilt by Judy Perez




Tags:  Art quilts, mixed media, painting, wholecloth painted quilts, wholecloth art quilts, sewing metal, quilting



No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails