Visit TAFA's new site!

Berniolie



Hello, I'm Bernadette. As a teenager I learned to sew and was educated as a crafts teacher.  I worked for years with a collective where we sold our own designs and unique lady's clothing.  To have an outlet for my creativity my next logical step was to start working for a circus and design and make costumes.

Around 1990 I started to knit and crochet again, in my free time. I learned it at a very young age from my mother.  I found this so inspirational that I opened my Etsy shop in 2008 to have a place to share my creations.  I make shawls, shrugs and capelets. In my newest creations, I insert pearls.

While I knit or crochet, all kinds of ideas pop up in my head.  Inspired by color, yarn or a texture from my enviroment. I also convert my designs to patterns.


Artist's statement:  I love the magic when with only a hook, two needles and yarn something beautiful arises.


Location:  Groningen, The Netherlands
Online shops:
Memberships:  Ravelry
Languages spoken:  Dutch, English and German 


Pearl Shawl by Berniolie











Tags:  Knitting, crochet, shawls, shrugs, patterns, gems, yarn, thread, accessories, unique

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails