Visit TAFA's new site!

Barbara Harms - Asian Art And Quilts




I'm a quilt artist in the beautiful state of Oregon.
I was a painter for years but have transitioned to fiber art.
I opened an Etsy shop and although it has been open less than a year, I have had some success and appreciation for what I am doing. Several museums have contacted me about my art. I get lot of emails from people who enjoy it.

I have my own distinct style and viewpoint.
I gravitate towards vibrant color and the strong design of abstract art.

Artist's statement:  I love bold color and the way different combinations make each color Pop when they come together. I like the strong statement of abstract art.  It is so wonderful to be able to do what you love and receive some recognition for it!


Location:  Dallas, Oregon, USA
Online shop:  AsianArtAndQuilts 
Languages spoken:  English


Art Quilt by Barbara Harms, "Jelly Fish"













Tags:  abstract, art quilt, silk painting, textile, quilts, modern, fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails