Visit TAFA's new site!

Susan Shinnick Textiles and Clothing




I have been making clothing and textiles for 20 years.
I hand dye and hand print my textiles. I create my own silk screens using images of prairie plants, birds and other patterns.  I also knit, sometimes with my hand dyed yarns.

I have a studio and store in the charming little town of West Branch, Iowa, about 10 minutes from Iowa City where I live.

I am currently open limited hours so that I can keep making stuff.

Artist's statement:  I am a maker.  I like to create beautiful things to wear and use.


Location:  Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Online Shop:  susanshinnick
Brick and mortar shop:  West Branch, Iowa, about 10 minutes from Iowa City.
Languages spoken:   English



Coat:  Assembled from vintage quilt blocks, over dyed, 
printed and quilted, all by Susan Shinnick











Tags:  hand dyed, hand printed, screen printed, linen, silk, clothing, functional, variegation, pattern

1 comment:

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails