Visit TAFA's new site!

IngerMaaike

I am IngerMaaike and fiber is my medium. All kinds of fiber: from silk to leather, from cotton to wool and everything in between. 
I sew clothes from my own designs, knit on my very old and trusty knitting machine (again designing everything myself), felt luxurious scarves and home decor, spin yarn, dye fabric, silk and wool and have even been seen to construct leather boots, which I still wear to this day.   :)
In all of my endeavours one thing has always been the main focus: the very best materials. This is what drove me to start creating for myself:  I could not afford what I desired, so there was no option but to learn to make it myself.

Over the years, my skills have expanded to cover a range of fiber which gives me the chance to combine and expand the knowledge further with each passing moment.  Each day brings me new joy in creating.  I love what I do as well as sharing the knowledge I have built up over the years.

Artist's statement:  To learn and to always be open to new experiences, to share beauty and smiles.

 
Location:  SørFron, Oppland, Norway
Online shop:  ingermaaike
Blog:  ingermaaike
Other social media:  Tumblr, Twitter  
Languages spoken:  Dutch, English, Norwegian


 Felted shawl by IngerMaaike
















Tags:  fiber, felt, wool, fabric, silk, handdyed, nuno, scarf, art, nature


1 comment:

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails