Visit TAFA's new site!

Dorthe K Rasmussen




Hello.  I was born and raised with my mother's tailoring shop.  Work with fabric and textile techniques have always fascinated and attracted me. 

In 2006 I published the book ""Ornaments and Oomph"" where you can see more on my work. I have had a creative workshop since 2007, where people come and work with the craft items they want. I freelance, participate in fairs -in the hobby - textile company and magazine.  I especially love to work with textile techniques and constantly explore new combinations and develop working methods. 

I also design prom and bridal accessories for guests - individual pieces to order. Feel free to contact me if you think there is anything I can help you with. Information about what I do - if you want to work with a thing, or something you want me to design.

Last but not least, if you plan to visit South Denmark, come and visit my workshop!  It is located at a campsite, so you can also go camping for a night or several weeks. When you're campers, you work for free at the workshop - you only pay for your material consumption ;-)
Hugs, Dorthe

Artist's Statement:  I work / love / is ....   as non-commercial as possible.
I attempt to recycle and care for the consumption of materials as much as possible, with the intention of using even the smallest remnants.  I am outgoing and friendly, open as a creative soul who enjoys contact with others with similar interests.


Location:  Årøsund, Haderslev, Denmark
Blog:  gammelbro
Languages spoken:  Danish, "reasonable" English, and a little German 



"Ornaments and Oomph" by Dorthe K. Rasmussen









Tags: Felting, flowers, silk, wool, fabric manipulation, workshops, author






No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails