Visit TAFA's new site!

Linda Robertus



My name is Linda Robertus. I am Dutch, but I have been living in Brisbane, Australia with my family since March 2007.

I started quilting in 2006, when I was expecting our third son. After a year of making quilts for my children I slowly moved into the 'art quilt scene'. An online screen printing class in 2009 (with Lyric Kinard at Quilt University) has heavily influenced my work, as has the fact that my oldest son joined a gymnastics club around the same time. My series of gymnastics quilts is still not finished! Recently, I have started using cyclists in my quilts. I am currently working on a second cycling quilt.

I like to try other techniques and materials from time to time, such as lutradur, lino printing, making a quilt based on a photo (photography is another passion, and I keep a daily photo blog)... And I love optical illusions and will try from time to time to capure them in a quilt!

In 2008 I founded Art Quilts Around the World; an international group where each member makes a quilt to a designated theme four times a year.
My online shops are Blue Jacaranda, on MadeIt (the Australian Etsy)  and on Etsy where I sell small handmade items. I also design and sell fabric on Spoonflower.



Location:  Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Online shops:
Blogs:
   Quilt blog: lindarobertus
   Online art quilt group: aroundtheworldin20quilts
Memberships:
   SAQA
   QuiltArt
Languages spoken:  Dutch, English, German, French and a little Italian



Gymnastic Quilt Series by Linda Robertus



















Tags:  art quilts, surface design, printing, thermofax, gymnastics, sports

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails