Visit TAFA's new site!

Jwrobel




I have always been fascinated by fabrics and textiles.  Something about them just resonates.  Color and texture combine to not only create beauty, but function, as well.  While I work in and am enthralled by the exploration of numerous fiber techniques, knitting, in particular, seems magical to me.  The ability to create something from nothing is inspiring.  That I can sit with a ball of string and turn it into a piece that provides beauty, warmth, comfort, and usefulness all at once is awing.  I wait in rapt attention for each piece to descend from my needles.  Manipulating and combining my textiles with my experience in costuming, papercraft, and surface design is a never ending and enthralling pursuit. 

The pieces I create are all one of a kind or made to order pieces, created by one real person for another.  My design aesthetic is an amalgam of my bohemian and vintage sensibilities with a dose of classic design.  A retro/mod type of feel makes an appearance from time to time, too.   My inspiration is vast and varied:  sometimes it's from a textile, image, or museum artifact, sometimes a color or a texture.  Life experience is a frequent influential contributor.   I source my materials to be organic, fair trade, recycled, and/or re-purposed.   Frequently, my fabrics and yarns come from other artisans who work in small, exquisitely executed batches, who also maintain an environmentally friendly mind-set. This makes ""one of a kind"" an even truer description of some of my pieces.   Through my work and studio I seek to marry creative inspiration with mindful business practices to contribute to the strength of a meaningful community of artisans and the people we create for. In all, I aspire to make beautiful things for you.  

Thank you-
Jess

Artist's Statement:  Through my work I seek to create beautiful things for my clients in a way that is kind and respectful to our environment and communities, while fulfilling my own creative vision.  I further hope to contribute to an increasing sense of value of artisan work of all kinds by strengthening the dialog between artists and the people we create for.


Location:  Ipswich, Massachusetts, USA
Online shops:  
   Jwrobel
   broodbaby
   JwrobelStudio

Blog:  jwrobel
Languages spoken:  English


Knitted Hoodie by Jwrobel














Tags:  organic, natural, baby, clothes, accessories, bags, purses, eco-friendly, hats,  gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails