Visit TAFA's new site!

Inside Outside Art




I grew up with a mother, grandmother and aunts who were skilled quilters and seamstresses willing to share their knowledge.  No matter how hard I tried, my work did not come out as perfect as theirs.  I loved fabric, fibers, color and texture. I tried many different crafts - quilting, embroidery, silk dying, knitting, crocheting  and weaving.   I finally came to the realization that all my work did not have to be perfect. In fact, I liked the idiosyncrasies of my work. I call what I do now "unconventional embroideries."   I finally feel like I have come home. This is where I belong and creating completes me.

Artist's statement:  I chose the name, Inside Outside Art because I felt it described me. I'm a little quirky and I don't always fit inside a box. My work is a little quirky. It's not your standard traditional embroidery.
-Regina Westmoreland


Location:  Benicia, California, USA
Online shop:  insideoutsideart
Memberships:
   Fiber Art/Mixed Media Art
   Stitchin Fingers
   Hand Embroidery Network
Languages spoken:  English


Embroidery by Regina Westmoreland, aka "Inside Outside Art"














Tags:  Embroidery, Etsy, Fabric Art, Textile Art, One of a Kind, Colorful, Handmade, Beaded, Embellished

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails