Visit TAFA's new site!

SilkMari





I have been a Certified Artisan  by the Department of Tourism and  the ""Department of Culture"" of  Puerto Rico for more than 20 years.

I am fortunate to be part of the Artisan Market in ""La Placita Darsena"" as it is called,  located off  Pier 1, in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA.  I enjoy meeting travelers from all over the world who come to explore the Tropical Island of Puerto Rico.

Although I paint on burlap with acrylic paint, I consider myself a Silk Artist because my love is dyeing and painting on silk.

Each of my scarves is individually hand dyed and hand painted making them a ... one-of-a-kind ... by virtue of the process used. Batik, Tie-dye and Silk Painting are some of the techniques I love to explore and use. 


Location:  Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
Online shop:   SilkMari
Blog:  SilkMari
Other social media:  Twitter
Membership: Silk Painting Gallery Network 
Languages spoken:  English, Spanish




 Paintings on Silk by SilkMari















Tags:  Silk Artist,  fiber artist, artisan, hand dyed, hand painted,  silk,  silk scarves, tie dye, batik,  silk painting, wearable art

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails