Visit TAFA's new site!

Rebecca Kemble





My name is Rebecca (Becky) Kemble and I love working with fabric. I have been a textile artist since 2001, but before that I worked in oil paint, pastels, clay, and colored pencil. Once I discovered textiles and all the different ways of using surface design, it was a great way to combine the tactile sensations of the fabric with the drawing and painting I have done for many years. I love exploring the many ways of creating an image using dye, paint, stitch, discharge and more. My work continues to evolve the more I learn about the different techniques. I feel I'm just beginning to find my artistic voice and am so excited about what continues to emerge as I continue to explore and work in this medium.



Artist's Statement:  I believe in the power of art.  I believe it is through imagination that ideas are explored and carried through to completion. Creativity paves the way for problem solving, by asking the question, “what if”? 

The inspiration for my art comes from the natural universe, from the macrocosmic to the microscopic view of creation, expressed in both realistic and abstract, organic forms.


Location:  West Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Online shop:  rebeccakemble 
Blog:  rebeccakemble 
Other social media:  Twitter
Memberships:
   Studio Art Quilt Association
   Surface Design Association
   Central Iowa Textile Artists
   Iowa Art Quilt Association
Languages spoken:  English





Art Quilt by Rebecca Kemble
 









Tags:  mixed media artist, textile artist, fiber artist, art quilt, surface design, dyeing

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails