Visit TAFA's new site!

The Greene Fairy





Hi! My name is Kerry and I absolutely love to create art and make handmade recycled paper.  I have an art degree from the University of Wisconsin Madison, but have really been creating art my whole life.  I first made handmade recycled paper when I was 10 or 11 years old,  at Octoberfest up in LaCrosse, WI. I then began making it again in my late teens and refined my technique over the years.

I have learned a lot through trial and error, and created my own techniques over time to make my paper one of a kind, earth friendly, and lovely.  It gives me endless joy that I can make something beautiful from papers and items that might normally be cast aside, thereby helping the environment and also providing a unique art supply for other artists and craftsmen. I have found that these recycled papers have many great uses, including card making, gift tags, soap wraps, book marks, book binding, and scrapbooking. Oh yeah, and they look great framed as art too!

If you are looking for a certain size, color or style, just contact me and let me know! I love working with potential clients on custom orders :)


Artist's Statement:  At The Greene Fairy we strive for a high quality paper product that is decorative, eco-friendly, and of many purposes :)


Location:  Savannah, Georgia, USA
Online Shop:  thegreenefairy
Brick and Mortar Presence:
I have my own studio/gallery in Savannah's City Market! I also show work at  The Horizon Gallery, also in Savannah, and soon may be expanding up to Asheville, NC.
Blog:  snitterdog
Memberships:
   The City Market (Savannah, GA)
   Horizon Gallery (Savannah, GA)
   The Book Nook (Asheville, NC)
Languages spoken:  English



Handmade Recycled Paper with Dragonflies 
by The Greene Fairy


















Tags:  paper, upcycled, diy, earth- friendly, supplies, textured, ornate, ooak, crafting, playful

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails