Visit TAFA's new site!

Yermit



Yermit Art Dolls


Each Yermit softie is a hand crafted, unique stuffed animal. Plush cats, vampires, bears, people, zombies, spacemen, art dolls and whatever else I can come up with.

I am addicted to fabric and notions. I'm inspired by colour and texture and motion.

The Yermits surface out of whatever is in me that day that needs expression. I never use patterns, but I will sometimes have a vague idea in my head of  the statement I want to make. Sometimes I have a a vision of the finished product but often I'm just drawn to a piece of fabric and just start sewing.

I studied to be a children's book illustrator so I'm drawn to characters and story.  I like to use dolls as an artform because I think there is always an interesting narrative behind them. I love that when people fall in love with one of them they will think of it as a friend, with a personality of its own.
-Jenny Croal



Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Online shop: Yermit
Blog: Yermits
Social Media: Twitter
Languages spoken: English


 Yermit Softies










Tags:  handmade, doll, art doll, softie, plush, fabric, unique, stuffed, one-of-a-kind, yermit

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails