Visit TAFA's new site!

Anna Lisa Sorensen





My name is Anna Lisa Sorensen I am a fiber artist and designer. I currently work as a tie dye designer for an established T shirt printing company, I also do independent dye work that I sell online, in various brick and mortar venues and wholesale.  I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I enjoyed making them!

Artist's statement:  My entire adult life has been colored by dyes and driven by a desire to create. I have worked for many years designing tie dyed t-shirts and now I am trying to stretch the boundaries of my craft. I seek to unite the unpredictable beauty of hand dyed fibers with the elegance of good design. As an artisan I am exploring the intricacies of shibori as well as other dye techniques and utilizing the results to create unique designs in paper and fabrics.

You may find my work at  Waves of Creation (330 Main Street,  Wakefield,  Rhode Island) and 
Strandz (Putnam Pike Chepachet, Rhode Island).



Location:  Chepachet, Rhode Island, United States
Online Shop: Shibori Designs
Blog: Kaizen Journey
Memberships:
   The Fiber Focus Group
   Surface Design Web Ring
   Design Style Guide
Languages spoken:  English



Heat Set Ginko by Anna Lisa Sorensen












Tags: shibori, hand dyed, tie dye, resist dye, fiber, art, sewing, colorful, nature, experimental


No comments:

Post a Comment

“Drive a nail home and clinch it so faithfully that you can wake up in the night and think of your work with satisfaction,- a work at which you would not be ashamed to invoke the Muse”
-Henry David Thoreau

In our case, it would be the needle or other fiber tool. Drive it home! And, we all thank you for your words, left here to these good folks. Invoke your Muse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails